PANELLING IS A THEME BY MIRANDA
Elephants and cute doggies! My life is one big i don't know.Being happy is my main goal, with whoever and wherever.I'm very much in love with a boy that may or may not deserve it. I hate living in the states and would love to move to El Salvador one day.
10 year old Yemeni girl smiling after she was granted a divorce from her husband- a 30 year old man
Here’s what I found after looking into it.
Nujood Ali was nine when her parents arranged a marriage to Faez Ali Thamer, a man in his thirties. Regularly beaten by her in-laws and raped by her husband, Ali escaped on April 2, 2008, two months after the wedding.
On the advice of her father’s second wife, she went directly to court to seek a divorce. After waiting for half a day, she was noticed by a judge, Mohammed al-għadha who gave her refuge. He had both her father and husband taken into custody.
Indeed, publicity surrounding Ali’s case is said to have inspired efforts to annul other child marriages, including that of an 8 year old Saudi girl who was allowed to divorce a middle-aged man in 2009.
But in 2013 Ali reported to the media that her father had forced her out of their home and is withholding her money granted by publishers. Her father has also arranged a marriage for her younger sister, Haifa.
Also this girl has her own book
I just want some feminists to focus more on this than on defending Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian.
Realistically, what can they do? Most of the feminists that you likely encounter are based in USA, Canada, maybe UK. What can they do to affect attitudes and policies in a place like Yemen?
They can raise awareness. Tumblr is a global site where you can donate to people in many countries to aid them.
A very good thing they can do, for one, is set up donations for this kid or other kids. They can put efforts to start up shelters for such incidents.
There’s a lot of things western feminists can do. This post only has almost 9k posts, whereas a post about male tears has 36K.
usa: *steals half of Mexico*
usa: *cuts Panama in half and then retains the rights to the Canal for about 100 years*
usa: *sets up Banana Republics in Central American*
usa: *orchestrates coup d'etats everytime they don't like an elected leader in Central American countries*
usa: *continues to fuel civil war in Nicaragua by giving money and training to the Contras*
usa: *is an ally of dictator Manuel Noriega and even has him working with the CIA*
usa: *is the main consumer of the drugs that cause drug cartels and drug related violence to exist"
usa: *supports autoritarian regimes in El Salvador (Ríos Montt) and Guatemala (José Napoleón Duarte)*
usa: *fuels gun violence in Central America in order to have a market to sell more (smuggled) guns to*
usa: *forces neoliberal policies like CAFTA that harm local Central American industries and brands that are not able to compete with their American counterparts*
usa: *uses Manifest Destiny and the Monroe Doctrine to justify their fucked up foreign policy*
usa: IT IS NOT OUR FAULT THAT CENTRAL AMERICAN CHILDREN ARE BEING TORTURED AND KILLED AND THOSE ILLEGALS SHOULD GO BACK TO THEIR COUNTRIES AND STAY OUT OF OURS!!!!! IF THEY ARE SUFFERING THEY SHOULD FIX IT THEMSELVES AND LEAVE US ALONE!!!!1!!
The True Trayvon Martin
- He didn’t eat pork bc his father didn’t. Once his uncle fixed pork chops; they smelled so good,he called them “beef chops” & ate 1.
- He was passionate about aviation.
- When he volunteered at a soup kitchen for. The first time, he was astounded by the US hunger crisis.
- He loved his little cousins birthday parties. Even as a teen, he wasn’t too cool for Chuck E. Cheese.
- He was modest about saving his father from dying in a house fire. His father called him his best friend bc of it.
- Hoodies made *him* feel safe. Like so many teens (and adults), he wore them as a protective shell, a security garment.
- He called his dad, “My ol’ boy.” Lord, how he loved his dad.
- When folks wanted to tease him, they said, “Boy, you too skinny to take a breath.” And he’d just smile.
- If he wanted to hang out with his cousins and they had chores, he helped so they could finish faster.
- His uncle said they never had to ask him to do something twice.
- At 17, he was still into BMX bikes. He could cat-walk wheelie.
- The tattoo on his wrist read, “Sybrina.”
- The tattoo on his chest read, “Cora” — his grandmother’s name.
- I’m going to stop here. But just claim one of these memories I tweeted. Carry part of this boy with you, write him on your heart.
- Write the beautiful details of all the black children you meet on your heart. That’s where they’ll be safest.
- I feel like this stuff is important.
All facts about Trayvon are from this Esquire article.
I will never forget Trayvon. Never.
I wanted to make I post I could link too whenever someone asks me this~
Seriously. Even if I was hella in shape, really healthy, no one would be asking for health or work out tips from me if I was fat. Stop assuming because someone looks like what society deems as ‘healthy’ or ‘fit’ that they are, it’s a lie, they are try to sell you things and make you hate and judge strangers. Stop buying into it.
I LOVE THIS THANK YOU
Don’t ask yourself, “Is this normal?” Instead, ask yourself:
Is this healthy?
Is this good for me?